How to wear a SlateSafety BAND
SlateSafety BANDs are wearable devices that are meant to be strapped on the upper arm as shown in the picture below. When worn properly the device will provide immediate feedback in the form of a vibration and an orange LED.
Please note the following when equipping a BAND:
- There is a sensor on the bottom of the BAND that needs to have direct contact with the skin to work properly. The BAND will not work when worn over clothing.
- It is important to tighten or loosen the elastic strap so that it fits comfortably on the upper arm. If the strap is too loose then the BAND might not gather a good heart rate signal. Do not overly tighten the strap either -- when worn correctly it should be unnoticeable after a while.
- For most wearers, the BAND is most comfortable when placed above the tricep and below the shoulder. It's best to place it in a spot where it is unlikely to slip down.
- When placing the BAND, avoid tattoos if possible. Tattoos can result in less accurate readings.
- The BAND is not affected by being upside-down -- whichever way you put it on will work.
- The BAND is not affected by being on the right or left arm -- whichever arm will work.